Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary!








Five years ago today Paul and I said "I do" at the Hacienda. It was such a beautiful day, and I remember every moment...
Waking up and shaving my legs for like 30 minutes
Driving to the hair salon with my mom and sister
Showing the stylist the Jessica Simpson book to show her how to do my hair.
Putting my dress on.
My dad crying
My mom crying
All of my bridesmaids fussing over me
My photographer taking pictures.
Hiding in the lobby so no one could see me.
The tram ride over to the Hacienda.
Waiting in the bride's room.
Watching the guest arrive.
My dad saying "son of a bitch" when we almost walked down the aisle without my veil down.
Hearing Mike Prebie sing "you fill up my senses like a knight in a forest"
Seeing Paul's face looking very nervous.
Saying a prayer, taking communion, drinking wine after motioning to Mike to start the next song.
Kelly fainting.
Repeating our vows and putting on our rings.
Walking back down the aisle and so excited to party!
Toast by John, I am afraid I don't remember.
Cutting the cake.
Eating dinner, showing off my flip flops, kissing Paul to the clank of glasses.
Dancing our first dance "Our love is unconditional I knew it from the start......I cross my heart and promise to give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true..."
Dancing with my dad "Whatta Wonderful world" and crying and crying.
Paul dancing with his mom and recovering from dancing with my dad.
Dancing, dancing dancing.
Dedicating "I like big butts and I can not lie" to my mom from Rochelle and I.
Doing the chacha slide "One stomp this time, two stomps this time...hands on your knees, hands on your knees..."
Dancing with my new father-in-law to "Hey dad this could be the best day of my life, I've been dreaming day and Night of being like you...now it's me and her watching you and mom I've learned I'm the luckiest man alive, this is the best day of my life"
Running to the bride's room balcony to have Paul remove my garter and throw it off the balcony.
Paul scooping me up into his arms and running to our decorated car.
My mom running after me to tell me I forgot my overnight bag.
Driving to my surprise destination for our wedding night, with little wedding bells ringing all throughout the car that our friends tied Everywhere!!!
Cars honking at us the whole way.
Walking through the lobby of the Hyatt in Huntington Beach in my wedding gown and everyone saying hello, congratulations and smiling.
It was the happiest day of my life. All of my dreams were coming true!
I am so blessed to have found the man of my dreams. Paul has made me into the person that I want to be, he brings out the best in me, and most importantly he has made me a mother. I thank God for my husband everyday and look forward to the day where we celebrate our 50th wedding Anniversary! I can't imagine loving him more, but everyday my love grows and grows. Thank you Paul for the best 5 years of my life!

4 comments:

  1. your post made me cry....congratulations on 5 years and all the happy memories and love you share with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me tear up. Happy Anniversary to you both. You are a wonderful Woman, Mother, Wife and Nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. Happy Anniversary! I hope I remember my wedding with as much detail as you do in 4 1/2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost laughed out loud at "Kelly fainting." Congrats on 5 years. We miss you guys. See you in August!

    ReplyDelete