Our little "you there" turned two today. Where has the time gone. I remember holding her for the first time and feeling a natural high like I have never experienced before. She is the official goofball of our little family, and keeps us on our toes at all times. Here are a few fun facts about Ashley....
1. She loves "Elno" aka Elmo. At least she thinks she loves Elmo. She will grab the remote control and scream "Elno Eno Elno until we put on Sesame Street. Once it's on, she will wander off and play with something and never end up watching it. But if I go to turn it off, she freaks out!
2. She is obsessed with "Nawni" aka Allie . She is always by her side, mimicking her, playing with her, cuddling her, eating with her, running after her, watching her and of course fighting with her. She always wants her Nawni.
3. When we put her to bed at night and close the door to her room, she will get out of bed to either play with toys or scream at the door "Mommy!!!!!!!" Probably loud enough for the neighbors to hear. When I go back in her room to put her down, she will run and jump in her bed and pretend she is snoring with her eyes squinted tightly. She thinks she is so sneaky!
4. She is sneaky! She some how manages to escape the house, go into the backyard, and climb up into the second Story of the playhouse to play. She lives to be up there, but I do not trust her up there. She is bound to jump out of it one day.
5. The words she says... Mommy, daddy, no, yeah, eat, uh oh, oh no, nite nite, hi, bye, Nawni aka Allie, Elno aka Elmo, air-are-you? Aka where are you? At her two year check up her pediatrician said she should know about 50 words by now. I laughed when she said that, because she is no where near that, and I am not worried about this whatsoever. She baby talks all day long, she knows what she is saying, but we don't.
6. When he wants something, she will grab your finger and pull on you until you get up so she can guide you to whatever it is she desires at that moment. The other day I had to take Allison the the urgent care because she got Andrews impetigo. When we said goodbye to the doctor, Ashley grabbed the doctors hand and lead him through the hallway, through the waiting room, outside and to our car. Maybe she has a thing for doctors, or maybe she has a thing for Asians, because he was an Asian doctor. Or maybe she has a thing for Asian doctors :)
Our little Ashley has been a fantastic addition to our family. She is the perfect rainbow baby.