Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Andrew is growing up.


Andrew is 8. He will be 9 in 3 short months. I can't even begin to describe how I feel about almost being half way done with him. I know that is an exaggerated statement, because I will never be done with him, but honestly, that is how I feel. There were many things I thought we would have done before he was 9. I thought we would have a second story on our house so that he and his siblings would all have their own room.  I thought we would have owned a motorhome by now so that we would have family vacations planned and memories of long hours driving in our house on wheels. But I cannot remain pessimistic. What we have been able to give him in these short 8 years and 9 months is nothing short of amazing, and probably the best childhood a boy could want. 
So now that Andrew has gotten older, so have his opinions. He wants his hair long. He no longer wants a 2 on the sides and spikes on top. He wants his hair to go across his forehead so he can "swipe" it over to the side. Basically he wants to look like Justin Beiber. I have to admit, he an totally pull off the long look. It's just getting through this inbetween stage. Although with summer just a few weeks away, it may be a little too hot to have long hair.
The other day a girl was riding her bike on the sidewalk as we drove past her. I saw Andrew stare at her and then turn his head and keep staring at her as we drove by. I turned around to the back seat and asked him what he was staring at (smiling) and he grinned ear to ear and said "nothing". Wait, what? Is this supposed to happen this soon? Is he going to start noticing girls??? He needs to always remember that I am his number one girl. At least this is the hope of a mom watching her son grow up ans mature right in front of her eyes.
P.S. When I hug him, the top of this head sits right under my chin. My baby, my baby boy, my first born is massive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment