Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Church

I wish we were better about going to church. This is us walking to Parkcrest. It is so close and so wonderful, yet we have such a hard time making this a routine and it bums me out. When  I was younger church was something we did on a regular basis. We listened to Breakfast with the Beatles, went to church, we went to Price Club, we went to the Wonder Bread Store...and that was our Sunday. I was shy at church growing up and envied the kids at my church that had these amazing bonds. I always thought that I would ensure my kids would have a strong group of friends at church,, hopefully went to school with those friends and played sports with those friends. I finally experienced this when I got to high school. My swim and water polo friends were the friends that hung out with at school, played sports with and worshiped with at church. This is my hope for my kids. I will continue to do the best that I can to give them this gift. I think it will help shape who they are and if they are surrounded my like-minded individuals, they will have the best chance at staying grounded as they get older and face more challenges. The foundation start here and it starts at a young age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment