Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh That Cold Baby



There are some times in motherhood, where  you want to scream because of the ridiculous things they do. But it is important to take a step back, put yourself back in the shoes of a 3 year old and enjoy the moment. So when I saw Allison giving her Cold Baby a bath with the water overflowing everywhere, I didn't get mad, I took a deep breath and grabbed the camera.
To say that Allison is attached to her Cold Baby would be an understatement. She truly is Cold Baby's mommy. She does everything for Cold Baby. She gives her baths (obviously), changes her outfits, feeds her, changes her diapers, plays with her, puts her down for naps, cuddles her and even puts her in time out. Cold Baby has become a part of this family and sometime I even babysit Cold Baby, while Allison plays. She gives me specific instructions on how to take care of her.
Growing up I had my own version of Cold Baby. Her name was Special Baby. I think it is kind of funny that Allison and I both named out babies with an adjective...hmmm we truly are bonded. Special baby had a string on the back of her neck, and when it was pulled, she would say things like "I love you" and "kiss baby". I will never forget the night where I was laying in bed, supposed to be asleep, and I pulled her string and it broke. I ran out into the living room where my parents were and just sobbed, thinking I killed Special Baby. I was devastated. I still loved her, but it just wasn't the same.  My parent bought me a new one, which I loved, but I always reverted back to the original Special Baby. I still have both of them. I gave one to Allison and one to Ashley.
I'm not sure why Allison named Cold Baby, "Cold Baby", but I love it. I love Allison and I love Cold Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment