Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma Bug!



I am very blessed to have such a wonderful person to be my mom. I wanted to celebrate her in a big way. I wanted a carnival in the backyard, a guest list of at least 100, a taco bar, and of course a DJ. When I ran this by my dad, he told me that mom would be much happier with something low-key, just small and sweet, and he was completely right. Instead of her walking in to a room full of people, we decided to just have people show up to her house. My family and I were first. My mom didn't know why we stopped by, but she was happy. She went to go get ready and then her friends started to show up. While she was distracted and talking with her unannounced friends, I managed to decorate the house. She couldn't get over it, and was thrilled with her 60th birthday party. My mom is a strong, strong and did I mention strong woman. Growing up she was always there for me. She was always a loving mom and now that I have children of my own, I pray that I can be a mother to my kids, like she was to me. Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment