Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Saturday, December 15, 2012

My first Attempt at Gingerbread Cookies

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. My goal was to spend some quality time baking gingerbread cookies with my kids and then of course decorating them. Little did I know that this dough was impossible to work with. It was so sticky and messy, I thought for sure they would have turned out disgusting. They actually turned out fantastic! But the recipe said it would make 24 cookies, and we only ended up with 6 big ones. We lost so much dough just because it stuck to everything and was impossible to shape.
My intentions this Holiday season is to spend less time fussing over my house, running errands, shopping and going to parties. I want to spend more time playing, teaching my kids, making memories and capturing precious moments like these. So far I have been successful. I am done with school now, so I have taken advantage of my time off. I have done all of my shopping online when the kids are in bed, I have turned down Holiday parties to spend more time at home, we have painted ornaments, and I have taught them the TRUE meaning of Christmas.
 
OK on to the baking...
 
 Step One: Make the dough
 Step Two: Roll the extra sticky dough

 Voila

 Time to decorate...
 Taking a moment to clean up the frosting on his arm.

 She had a choice...broccoli or icing. She chose the obvious choice.
 The final product!

 Paul's cookies were the best.
Ashley was upset that I took her icing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment