Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pa's Pumpkin Patch Tradition

 Five years in a row now we find ourselves back at the famous  Pa's pumpkin patch. Allison looked adorable in her Cinderella costume, and I picked up the headband last minute at Party City and I must say I think it made the whole outfit. Andrew picked Iron Man. What is funny about both of their costumes is that Allie has never seen the movie Cinderella and I'm not exactly sure how Andrew knows of Iron Man. Ashley didn't have a choice, she was forced to wear the pumpkin costume that Andrew and Allison both wore for their first Halloween.


We have this same picture with each baby in the pumpkin costume next to these signs. It's way too cute to stop tradition. 



 Party of Five!
 I am happy that the pumpkin patch added this growth chart. I will be so sad when the day comes when Andrew is too cool to take the yearly photos in front of the growth chart. Until then, I will just savor each moment and photo.

 This year both kids were brave enough to ride the ponies. Last year they wanted to, but didn't feel comfortable enough. This year was different. They both feed off of each other's fears and feelings.

 Allison loved to go down the big slide, but her dress kept getting caught under her feet when she would climb up the ladder to the top. The gentleman working at the pumpkin patch decided it would be easier to just pick her up like a football and carry her up to the top. I was shocked that she didn't freak out. She just went with it. She impresses me sometimes at how brave and trusting she is with total strangers. Other times she wont even look at a family friend. Either way I am proud of who she is. I just can't believe that she was ok with this man carrying her up like a football. I could not stop laughing.
We decided it was probably a better idea to tie up her dress so she could climb up by herself. It did expose her underwear but she didn't seem to mind. And once again I could not stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment