Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Walk To Remember Angel

Today was a very special day. We were joined by my parents, Paul's parents, Aunt Maureen, my newest cousin-in-law Becky, Aunt Nancy and her grandson Michael, Aunt Buny, Uncle Doug, and my dear friends from high school Michelle and Erin. We all gathered in Tustin to remember my dear son Angel and participated in Orange County's Walk to Remember. The walk is to remember babies who died during pregnancy and infant loss. The theme is to "take the steps our babies never got to take". It was a very emotional day to say the least. I did not think that I would be as emotional as I was. We had sun visors made for everyone who walked on our team. They had angel wings on the front, and said "Angel 2-6-11" on the side. The visors turned out great and I was very happy to see everyone wearing them. I saw a lot of my girlfriends that I met at my support group and it was very nice to see them all wearing their babies names on their shirts surrounded by their loved ones.
Before the walk started, there was a remembrance ceremony where they said the names of all of the babies. When they called out your baby's name, you walked up to the front to get a white rose. When Angel's name was called, Paul, Andrew, Allison and I walked up and received our white rose. After the name calling was completed they played a song about a baby dieing too soon. Truthfully I tried not to pay attention to the words because it was too hard. I was already crying and very sad. I don't think there was a dry eye to be seen. Thankfully Andrew and Allison kept things happy. They knew we were there to remember their baby brother up in Heaven and enjoyed sitting in the wagon as we pulled them along. Once the walk started, we decided it would be a good idea to only do the one mile course verses the 3 mile course because Paul was on crutches from falling off the ladder, and I was getting a side ache and my pregnant belly wouldn't have made it that far.
After the walk was over we all had lunch at Panera bread and had a lot of fun. It ended on a happy note and I am so thankful for my family who participated. We will never forget our son, Angel Demboski. He will always be looking down on us and his spirit will help us to remember that life is fragile and should never be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment