Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Friday, January 20, 2017

Our new President

It has been a long year of watching debates, explaining politics to my kids and it finally came down to today.
I will never forget the night of the election and falling asleep on the couch while the polls were closing. Hillary looked to be winning and having worked the night before, I fell asleep only to be woken up by Paul right before midnight telling me Donald Trump won the election. It is a moment I will never forget. I was heart broken.
But now I will teach my children how to handle themselves when they do not win, how to respect our country, and how to create change. We let the kids miss the first 30 minutes of school while we watched the 45th President of the United States of America be sworn in. President Donald Trump is now in charge of my country. I will pray for him and I will pray for our country.



No comments:

Post a Comment