Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Nature Walk

We went on a nature walk before dinner with Grandma and Papa Demboski. It was beautiful outside. The sun was warm and the breeze was cool. The kids were happy and there were no phone calls or demands from the rest of the world. It felt good to be outside and just be.

 I am trying to embrace moments and enjoy them. I am trying to put my phone down and look up more. I want to cherish these moments with my babies. I want to hear their conversations, answer their questions, and watch them discover.

 Then there are moments like this. A dose of reality amongst a peaceful evening. There are no bathrooms around so we improvise. She is always such a good sport.





 Allison has been slightly obsessed with me lately. She is upset when I go to work at night and she wants to hold me, cuddle me, touch me, love me. I just remind myself that she will never love me more than she does right now.  She is the one who challenges me the most. Her passion for life will move mountains someday, Until then I need to help her learn how to use her passion wisely.


 Paul made me promise to not delete the pictures he took of me. This is one of about a dozen that he snapped of me on our walk. I am not wearing makeup and I wish my sunglasses weren't on my head. But I am proud of who I am and how I look. I am accepting the fact that I really am beautiful. I want my kids to see me as a strong and nurturing woman. I want to be confident and teach them how to be confident and love themselves. I am leading by example.
 All four with their eyes closed. Guess that is what I get for trying to get this beautiful sunset light on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment