Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Monday, August 3, 2015

Camp Bug

I was super blessed to have gone to my Grandma Madeline's each summer with my cousins. We would spend one week staying up late, going to the beach, playing dominoes, eating ice cream and spending quality time with my cousins, my sister and my Grandma. My parents have started that tradition with my kids. This summer is the third Camp Bug. This was Ashley's first time going. When I told her that she would be at Grandma and Papa's house for 4 nights, I thought she would be upset and say she would miss me, but she just replied with "is that all?" I guess I don't have to worry about her being home sick. My parents got each kid these adorable camp bug shirts to add to their collection of their other camp bug shirts from the previous years. My parents really go overboard to make it special. They bought  see-saw, made a sandbox and had many many surprises for the kids to enjoy all week.
While they were away. I had a lot of bonding time with just Ashton. He sat with me on the sofa for 3 days straight as I worked on my photobook. I am currently on the year 2013 and feeling far behind. I used these days of having one kid at home to complete as much as I could complete. I managed to do 130 pages, only 70 more to go.
I also took this time to pump and try out a bottle for Ashton. He did great, a total pro, but I must admit I am happy I won't have to be pumping for awhile since I don't go back to work until November.

I managed to capture the beginnings of a smile from my little man. He is pleasant little baby and I love to hold him, kiss his lips and show him off.

He definitely prefers to be held verses sitting in his swing or bouncy chair. But I don't mind, I just can't get enough of him.
Reality has great timing sometimes. Paul and I were at Babies R Us when we came out to this. Thankfully the tires are new and I just got them rotated, I have AAA and the tires are under warranty. We took a trip to Costco and shopped while we got our new tire.
One more bottle for daddy to give to Ashton These two are pros! We really enjoyed our time with just Ashton, but the house is just too quiet without our big kids. Thankfully we get to pick them up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment