Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Goodnight

I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills, I love the flowers, I love the daffodils, I love the fireflies when the lights go out, boomiadah boomiadah boomiadah boomiadah.

This is our latest and favorite lullaby that I sing each night to my tired babies. They love when I sing it to them and they pretend to fall asleep when the song ends, even though I know they are still awake.  I wish I didn't have to make such an effort to force myself to relax and take my time putting the kids to bed each night. I am usually craving my pajamas, the sofa and the remote. But I push that aside and take in the moment. 

 As you can see from Ashley she still falls asleep with her "BaBa Nilk" (Baba of milk) and of course that means she must hold her nipple as she drinks her Baba and falls asleep. I am still not sure where this fascination comes from but it is still so sweet and innocent.
Allison never goes to bed without her Cold Baby and tonight she has chosen to put matching headbands on before falling asleep.

Andrew falls asleep every night with Fred and Leonardo, both of which were Paul's when he was a boy. Andrew sleeps a little to heavy at night and has discovered the convenience of a "pee alarm" he wears that will alarm if he starts to have an accident. It is a dream come true and works like a charm. He is happier at night and so is his mama when he wakes up to clean sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment