Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Transitional Kindergarten

 
Really? Already? Seriously? I can't believe it, my Andrew is starting Transitional Kindergarten. Since he will be turning 5 in the fall, we had a choice to start him in kindergarten or transitional kindergarten. We opted for Transitional Kindergarten, which is considered a 2 year kindergarten. We were lucky to have him go to Cubberley Elementary School. His teacher's name is Mrs. McCormick. He was so excited to go to school. He looked so cute in his uniform and backpack on. It was raining for some stange reason this morning.  

I think it was bitter-sweet for Allison to say goodbye to her big brother. She had to do it the last two years when he was in preschool, but they were inseperable all summer long. She was proud of him and I think a little excited to be the only big kid at home.


After a quick kiss and a few photos, it was time to say goodbye at the door and watch him walk into his big boy classroom. It was a sigh of relief, knowing we got him this far and that he is smart, intelligent and confident enough to just walk in with a smile on his face, knowing he will be just fine. In a small way, I kind of felt sorry for him, knowing this is the start of Monday through Friday school for the next 13 years of his life! Yikes and I guess it is the start for me and Paul to do it all over again :) I didn't cry and I think because I am so grateful to have a self sufficent little man to call my son. I am so proud of him and the person he has become in such a short 4 years and 363 days here on Earth. He fills my heart with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment