Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pirate Allison gets a booboo











So I must admit that I really don't know what happened. But my guess is that she hit her forehead on the kitchen cabinet door corner. She was alone in the kitchen, cried a little, and a few minutes later I noticed a HUGE black and blue bump on her forehead. She is one tough cookie. I tried to put ice on her, but you can only imagine how she reacted to that. She cried more with the ice than she did with the actual injury.

Little Miss. Allison is into a lot these days. She has learned the purpose of the stool in the kitchen. She is able to push the stool over to the counter top of her choice and climb up to get whatever it is that she is after. The other day she pushed the stool over to where we keep the fruit and helped herself to a tomato.

She is learning to put up with Andrew and stand up for herself. She never comes crying to us if he takes her toy or pushes her. She is able to handle the situation herself by screaming at him and taking back her toy and sometimes even pushes back (not that I am happy with this behavior, but happy that she isn't a pansy).

I really think that she will have a career in acting someday. I don't think she is good enough for big Hollywood movies, but I think she will do great as a soap opera star because she is great at drama and holding her poses. She likes to look down at the ground when she is mad at us and then ever so slightly creep her eyes up towards us, while keeping a look of hatred on her face! Boy if looks could kill!
Then there is the pirate face! One day at the dinner table, I was trying to teach Andrew how to wink using just one eye. Well I had no idea that Allison was paying attention and was just sitting there with one eye crunched closed as tight as she could close it. She looked ridiculous and I told her she looked like a pirate and I could not stop laughing. Ever since then, whenever I tell her to do the pirate face, she squishes her eye closed shut, and it is only the right eye that manages to close, her left eye always stays open. She keeps us laughing and sweating all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment