Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Friday, May 7, 2010

This is the life



Yesterday Andrew woke up at the predictable 0600. Instead of watching a marathon of Oswald, I decided to take him for a walk. There is a wooden boardwalk that runs along the front of the Kaanapali hotels. We walked down a little bit and came back to our condo's grassy area that over looks our little beach. We laid on the lounge chairs and called both Grandmas to let them know what we have been up to. Andrew told them about the flowers and birdies and the ocean. We had a nice stroll just the two of us and then headed back to the condo to wake up Paul and Allison. We decided to go to the Pioneer Inn for some seaside breakfast. I had the famous macadamia nut pancakes and Paul had Hawaiian sweet bread french toast. Andrew scarfed down his pancake in the shape of Mickey Mouse and I think Allison ate her weight in pancakes as well. We walked around the Banyan tree park again and I did a little shopping in Lahina. We purchased Andrew a tiki guy shirt with matching shorts. He was pretty excited and started singing the tiki room song. So stinking cute!
Once we got back to the condo we decided to go down to "our" beach in front of the condos and went snorkeling. The water was so crystal turquoise and the sun was beating down with the trade winds blowing down the beach. Paul went out snorkeling first while Andrew, Allison and I played in the sand. Then it was my turn to go snorkeling. It was so beautiful! There is a reef bout 100 yards down the beach where there was a decent amount of fish. There were practically no waves which made getting in and out of the water easy. I spend quite some time just floating and watching the fish go by. When I was done, I bought Andrew into the water with me. We played in the little waves and looked for seashells. Every time we would find a seashell Andrew would say "Papa Razi would like this one!" We played and swam and built sandcastles and we all had a great time.
Beach time was over and it was time for lunch. I made super yummy sandwiches with Maui grown tomatoes and avocados. I put the kids down for a nap. They are now used to their beds and go down without a problem. Once the kids were asleep I went back down to the beach while Paul played his computer game and stayed with the kids. I laid down on my towel and drank a beer and just watched the world go by. It was fabulous weather and I went for a long swim and floated on my back watching the clouds linger in the sky. I sat on the shore and let the waves come up and splash on me. I literally was living the song "I've got my toes in the water and ass in the sand, not a care in the world and a cold beer in my hand, life is good today". I went into the spa for about 15 minutes and then made my way back to the condo to take a shower, just in time for the kids to wake up. We all got dressed and went for a walk down the boardwalk looking for the Sheratin hotel to see the torch lighting and cliff diving ceremony. We actually ended up walking 1.5 miles (we later clocked it) in the wrong direction and ended up taking he bus back passed our condo to the Sheratin at Whaler's village just in time for the ceremony to start.
We sat at the best table at the Sheratin's pool and ordered some cocktails since we didn't have to drive. Andrew even got a mango smoothie. We watched the man light all of the torches along the cliff and then he jumped off the cliff into the water. Andrew's favorite part was the band playing the ukulele. He was dancing with his shades on and turning everyones heads. We walked back to Whaler's village to the Aloha Grill and had a great dinner at the "waterfall table". We sat at a table with a waterfall all to ourselves. Andrew was in a mood to say the least, but after a walk with daddy, he came back to the table apologized and ended up having a great meal.
After dinner we walked passed a band playing and Andrew and Allison held hands and were dancing. It was definatly a great moment that we got on film. It was very precious! We walked around Whaler's village where all of the high-end shops are and then hopped back on the "trolly" bus and went back to the condo just in time to get jammies on and into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment