Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!




Christmas morning was so much fun! Grandma and Papa Bug showed up at our house at around 8:00, and Andrew was still sleeping, but Allison was wide awake. We woke up Andrew around 8:30 and he was so excited to dive into his gifts from Santa. We were all so surprised to see how much fun Allison was having tearing open the tissue paper wrapped gifts that she received. Andrew was starting to get so excited that he would help someone else unwrap their gifts and just throw the gift on the floor and go for the next one. I think that it is safe to say that Andrew's favorite gift from Santa was his music set... go figure. It came with a drum and drum sticks, maracas, a tambourine and a lot of other stuff to give mommy and daddy a headache. We happily snuck the little baby sized maracas into Allison's pile of gifts, they are just her size and Andrew could care less because he has his ever so loud drum. I think that Allison's favorite toy from Santa was a glow worm. She kept sucking on it's face and flapping it up and down.
Paul and I cooked a yummy breakfast of peppermint chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and of course kielbasa from back east. My folks left around noon and we put both kids down for a nap. Around 2:00 Paul's parents arrived with a car full of gifts and we had part 2 of our Christmas and opened up more presents. For dinner, Paul made a rotisserie chicken in our "big R" and we had all the fixings: cranberry sauce, dressing, mashed potatoes, and crescent rolls. Once we were stuffed full and had a house full of wrapping paper and toys, it was time for me to go to work. I was hoping for a Christmas miracle and they would cancel my shift, but that wasn't the case. I kissed my little family and off I went. Can't wait to do it all again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment