Demboski Diary

Demboski Diary



Stories of our life...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Potty Training!

It has been a whole month since I last updated our blog! We have been so busy just living! We started potty training Andrew. It is actually going really well. Of course there are accidents, but overall I am very impressed at how simple it seems to be. Most days, Andrew is running around naked, it is much easier this way. Just today he had on his little boy underwear and he ran to the bathroom, sat on his Elmo potty and went pee pee through his underwear, but when he was all done he said "Yeah", and he got a jellybean :). We are very proud of him. Andrew also went to his first movie! It was apart of the free family movie series at our local theater. He didn't quite make it through the whole thing, but he did pretty good. We went with his little friend Logan who lives down the street.





Allison is just as sweet as she can be. She has started to make little cooing sounds, and is holding her head up really good. She is getting more comfortable with other people holding her, which makes for some happy grandparents. On her 2 month check up, she weighed in at 9lbs 3oz! Almost doubled her birth weight. I took her to my work to show her off, and oh my did she turn every ones head! She looks like a baby doll!













We went to Santa Barbara for Fiesta Days last weekend to celebrate Aunt Joyce's 75th Birthday and to celebrate Julia's high school graduation. We had a blast, but I must say the best part was when Andrew got to ride a pony for the first time. It was such a 7th heaven moment. He was beaming with happiness. My heart was overflowing with happiness for him. Everyone could just feeling the joy that was coming over him. It was truly a magical moment. He was such a brave boy, he went on almost all the rides at the carnival by himself. I was shocked and need to give him more credit! He really surprised me. And Allison had a good time too, she was extra happy to have slept in the same bed as mommy and daddy. She went to everyone in Paul's family, which is a big change. She was a trooper and sat through a 1 1/2 hour horse parade, a carnival, swimming, and lots of people holding her. I am so proud of my two babies.

I have joined a Long Beach meet up group for moms. i have participated in many of the play dates and such and I am meeting some great ladies who are in the same boat as me. Andrew is having fun hanging out with kids his age and love being able to talk to other moms in similar situations. Paul has been very busy with work. So far this year is turning out to be very successful. We are all healthy and happy, what more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment